Before The Court

What papers are required to be submitted for custody?

I am divorcee and have a son age [7 years]. Please clarify what papers are required to be submitted and whether son will be in mother’s custody or father’s custody?
asked Oct 8 in Personal Law by Arpita Tripathi
recategorized Oct 15 by Arpita Tripathi

1 Answer

0 votes
  • While filing for the divorce simultaneously you can file the petition for custody or after the decree for divorce has been passed a separate fresh petition will be made and Court has the discretion to make an interim order or any other order which it deems fit with respect to custody in case of son aged 7 years the father can also have custody if the Court may deems fit.
1. Hindu Marriage Act 1955, s 26.
answered Oct 13 by Arpita Tripathi