Before The Court

My wife and I want a divorce, what papers are required to submit?

My wife and  I want a divorce by mutual consent we belongs to Hindu family? What papers are required to submit?
asked Oct 8 in Personal Law by Arpita Tripathi
recategorized Oct 13 by Arpita Tripathi

1 Answer

0 votes

In case when both of you want a divorce then you have to show before the District Court that you had been living separately for the past one year or more before you made the presentation before the court or else you have to prove that you both are not able to live together as husband and wife. Firstly, the you have to present the joint petition before the court, after the time period of 6 months the proceedings will start and you have to make a second motion which should be before 18 months and then court will hear both of you and the it will decide upon the matter.

1. Section 13(B), Hindu Marriage Act,

answered Oct 13 by Arpita Tripathi